TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR NUTRITIONAL THERAPY
Good nutrition supports the body’s natural defences and resistance. However, no claim can be made about the efficacy of any naturopathic nutritional advice.
The naturopathic nutrition practitioner:
• Naturopathic nutritional advice will be tailored to support medically diagnosed conditions and/or health concerns agreed and identified by the two parties.
• Naturopathic nutritional practitioners are not permitted to diagnose or claim to treat medical conditions.
• Naturopathic nutritional therapy is not a substitute for professional medical advice and treatment.
• You are responsible for contacting your GP or specialist about any health concerns you may have.
• Please advise your GP of the naturopathic nutrition protocol you will be following. Please also advise any other complementary medicine practitioners you are consulting.
• It is important that you tell your practitioner about any medical diagnosis you have received any prescription medication, herbal medicine or food supplements or over the counter medication you are taking as it may affect the naturopathic nutritional programme.
• If you are unclear about any part of your plan then you should contact your practitioner immediately for clarification.
• Your naturopathic nutritional programme and supplement plan will have a time frame and you should not continue with recommendations outside of this unless agreed by your naturopathic nutritional practitioner. This is to avoid any adverse reactions.
• Please report any concerns about your programme to your naturopathic nutritional practitioner for discussion at your next consultation.
You understand the above and agree that our professional relationship will be based on the above content of this document. You understand that the practitioner needs to hold your name, address, email address, contact number, appropriate medical records and next of kin information. This information will be double-locked stored securely for 7 years. We will not disclose any information to any other party without your express consent or if required to do so by law. Your data will only be used by ourselves or the purpose of recommending therapies and retreats. We will comply with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): you are entitled to withdraw any contact details held by us at any time, unless we require your data for legal reasons. This also includes your right to complain to the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data (see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/).